When I started planning a new weaving project last week, I noticed that there was enough warp left on my table loom from the crackle sampler I made in the fall to complete another project. I couldn't find the exact threading for the original project, so I went with a 2/2 twill when weaving the weft (if you don't know what that is, it means that you lift two shafts at a time while two shafts stay down - i.e., 1/2; 1/4; 3/4; 2/3). The pattern that emerged was pleasantly surprising.
The warp is 10/2 perle cotton and the weft is Harrisville Shetland. I tried the orange weft, but didn't love it and switched back to the darker blue. I think the blue looks much nicer. I was a little nervous about how it was going to turn out because I couldn't get the tabby to beat in hard enough. However, after soaking it for an hour, the beat looks great.